Lela Jowers Biggs (Est 1885 - Est 1917) -- ALABAMA

white3377
male
Stamboom : Niet grafisch
Stamboom bekijken
I'm searching for my great-grandmother that I never knew. All I know is what I have been told, Lela Jowers, I would estimate DOB to be between 1885 and 1895, she married? (I can't find any records) Herbert Jonathan Biggs---they lived in Covington County Alabama. I've seen Herbert listed many ways. I personally knew him, always thought it was Hubbard. Seen it spelled Herbert, Hubert, Hebert & Hubbard! He was born January 06, 1890 in AL and died January 09, 1968 in AL. I know Lela is the mother of two children Clifton B. Biggs b. 1913 and Lessie Myrle Biggs b. 1914, with Herbert Jonathan Biggs being their father. I was told (have nothing to verify) that Lela Jowers Biggs died shortly after Lessie was born. I found a listing in Alabama Deaths, 1908-59 for a Mrs. ? Biggs DOD: 17 Oct 1917, death place listed as Covington County Alabama. (http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=alde
ath&h=166529&ti=0&indiv=try) This could be her, since my grandmother was born in 1914. I DO KNOW, the two children were raised with Herbert Jonathan Biggs & 2nd? wife (again, no records found) Dorothy Lenora Watterson. Herbert & Dorothy are buried in Babbie, AL at Bethel. Race is white.

Do you know this JOWERS? thewhiteglove@aol.com

Any info is deeply appreciated,
Jan

Terug naar “United States”