Plaats reactie

Kreutzberg/Kreuzberg Family, germany

If you need help with your family history research then post your question here.
fyrefly58
fyrefly58
Invulmodus : tekstueel
Stamboomnavigatie : tekstueel
Stamboom bekijken
Greetings from the U.K.  :D

Researching this family who I believe originated in Saxony or Thuringia,Germany. This is my maternal line.

Gottlieb Kreutzberg born abt 1810-14 in Germany owned and travelled with a menagerie of animals called the 'Gross Menagerie'. He and the menagerie are well documented, however his origins are not. He married Franzisca Lohrig, the daughter of a showman and they had several children, one of whom was my gggrandmother Anna Kreutzberg, born in Posen in 1846. All the children were born in different places,  Poland, Russia etc. Having no place to start has always been a problem for me. I know that Gottlieb died in Liepzig in 1874, having searched the archives. His death record gave no place of origin. I do know that he had a base at 'The Old Fairground' at  Rheichenbach,Oberlausitz which is near Gorlitz and the Polish border. [I don't think the fairground exits any more]

There is another researcher looking at a 'Kreuzberg' family who originated from Ahrweiler, but there don't seem to be any connections there, unfortunately. I also know that there might be a connection with the town of Zweibrücken,located in Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany.

The last piece of info I have is that Harald Kreutzberg, the famous German dancer was a nephew of Gottlieb Kreutzberg, adopted by Charles Kreutzberg after he was found on the doorstep of their home in Milwaukee,Wisconsin,USA. I did make contact with a researcher whose father in law was  called Karl Kreutzberg, living in Canada. She has a photograph of Gottlieb stood next to an aeroplane and was definitely connected, however after promising to share info with me she changed her mind and I've heard nothing more from her. Apparently the family don't wish to talk about their past and I feel very disappointed and let down.  I have to respect their wishes, but it doesn't make it any easier to accept.

I hope that someone may have knowledge of my Kreutzberg family or may have some suggestions as to how I might proceed. 

Lyn

koehl
koehl
Stamboom bekijken
Gottliebs daughter Anna Kreutzberg, born in Posen in 1843, was married in Norwich UK in 1866 to the nubian lion tamer Joseph Ledger, who appeared at the Folies Bergere in Paris with his lions and tigers and travelled extensively in Europe. In the later stages of his life he worked with Wombwells circus, also Ginettes, mainly in the north of England, especially in Bolton and Manchester.

https://www.elephant.se/location2.php?location_id=1001
fyrefly58
fyrefly58
Stamboom bekijken
I have gathered most of info that is on the internet, but thank you.
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Family History Searches”