Plaats reactie

Trying to find information on Marie Louise Perrin - my great-grandmother

If you need help with your family history research then post your question here.
tdjohns2
male
Invulmodus : grafisch
Stamboomnavigatie : tekstueel
Stamboom bekijken
My Great-Grandmother, Marie Louise Perrin, traveled from Le Havre, France on the ship St. Germain and disembarked in New York City, New York on January 16, 1885. She was 22 years old and her profession was listed as "cook". The passenger list indicated that she was from France. Birth year seems to be 1862. The month may be March but I have no evidence of that. There she met and married my Great-Grandfather Louis Marie Joseph Visonneau who was from Reze, Loire Atlantique, Pays de la Loire, France. Born 24 May 1861 Julian. She died in Niagara Falls, New York in 1904. This is all the information I have on her history. Attached are two photographs of her at different unknown ages. Where and when they were taken is unknown. I am assuming the older age image was taken in the USA. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Timothy D. Johnson
[email protected]
Marie_Louise_Perrin_Older+.jpg
Marie_Louise_Perrin+.jpg
edwardn
edwardn
Stamboom bekijken
Hi Timothy,

Here on Geneanet I found this:
https://gw.geneanet.org/lilas14?n=perrin&oc=&p=marie+louise
Seems to match?

Please hide your email address in your message for security. People can always contact you via your profile page.

Greetz,

Edward
tdjohns2
male
Stamboom bekijken
Edward
That return is due to me adding it to my tree at one point as it was the only Marie Louise Perrin that I could find that was born in March of 1862 and had no record of being married. I "assumed" she must be the one but i have no proof that she is. I went back later and removed the link to that record but by that time some others had added it to their tree's as fact and quoting me as the source. I even sent a couple of emails to say that I had no evidence that the link was valid, but I think they never corrected their trees. Anyway I should probably see if there is some way that can be fixed.
Tim
chmidelear
male
Stamboomnavigatie : grafisch
Stamboom bekijken
Hello !

The problem is that you've got no clue about Marie Louise's family or city of birth.

Marie Louise PERRIN is quite a common name : so you're right to be cautious...

She came alone to the US (no other PERRIN in the ship's manifest) and the census says nothing about her origins or parents.

I think you should try (if possible) to get the full marriage record with Louis VISONNEAU : if you're lucky, you'll find some info in it.

Christian
ericdubois
male
Volunteer moderator
Stamboom bekijken
Based on Louis Marie's naturalization record, he arrived in the US on 18 JUN 1885 and was naturalized on 10 OCT 1892. He still lived in NYC at that date.

On the other hand, it looks like their daughter Louise was born on 24 JUL 1891 in Buffalo NY.

I would look for a marriage in NYC or Buffalo between 1885 and 1890.

There are a few sources to check at https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/2:2:3X8Q-J2B which might guide you in the right direction.

According to IGI, she was born in March 1862 in Marseilles, but no source given. You should look for that birth certificate as well, as there may be comments in the margins that may provide more info.

But as mentioned earlier, PERRIN is a very common name and so was Marie Louise at that time.
zanzigirl
zanzigirl
Volunteer moderator
Hi,

It seems they married in Philadelphia in 1886.

Claudine
Bijlagen
Visonneau - Perrin.jpg
Modératrice bénévole sans lien de subordination avec Geneanet / Volunteer moderator with no subordination to Geneanet.
femuse
femuse
ericdubois schreef: 10 april 2019, 22:43 it looks like their daughter Louise was born on 24 JUL 1891 in Buffalo NY

[Marie Louise] was born in March 1862 in Marseilles, but no source given
Louise was born in Ithaca
Marie Louise was born in March 1862 [per 1900 census]

1900; Census Place: Buffalo Ward 6, Erie, New York; Page: 7; Enumeration District: 0050; FHL microfilm: 1241026
501 Ellicott Street

Marriage Year: 1887
4 Children all alive in 1900

Louis Visonneau 37; May 1863 France/Immigration 1885/ Cook Hotel
Mary Visonneau 38; Mar 1862 France/Immigration 1882
Mary Visonneau 12; Jan 1888 NY
Louisa Visonneau 8 ; Jul 1891 NY
Adeline Visonneau 4; Aug 1895 NY
Peter Visonneau 1; Oct 1898 NY
Martin Rousseau 47; Jun 1852 Switzerland /Boarder married cook

1910; Census Place: Buffalo Ward 25, Erie, New York; Roll: T624_948; Page: 6A; Enumeration District: 0231; FHL microfilm: 1374961
Marriage Year: 1905

Louis Visomeau 49 1861 France/Chef-Hotel
Sara Visomeau 45 1865 Kentucky/pts Ireland
Mary Visomeau 22
Louise Visomeau 19
Adeline Visomeau 14
Peter Visomeau 11
Frank Visomeau 8

New York State, Birth Index, 1881-1942
Louise J Visonneau
Birth Date: 24 Jul 1891
Birth Place: Ithaca, New York, USA
Certificate Number: 28965

Adeline H Visonneau
Birth Date: 30 Aug 1895
Birth Place: Ithaca, New York, USA
Certificate Number: 36844

Pierre F Visonneau
Birth Date: 11 Oct 1898
Birth Place: Old Forge, New York, USA
Certificate Number: 41035

New York, Death Index, 1852-1956
Mary L Visoneau
Death Date: 5 Mar 1904
Death Place: Niagara Falls, New York, USA
Certificate Number: 10091

----------------------------------
right ones ? - possible: father and son

Joseph Viseneau
Death Date: 25 Feb 1938
Death Place: Malone, New York, USA
Certificate Number: 11249

Peter Visno
Death Date: 16 Jun 1920
Death Place: Malone , New York, USA
Certificate Number: 40500
Le but de ce Forum est echange entre tous les membres.
Merci de ne ne pas me contacter par messagerie avec des demandes d'aide.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Si ne répond pas a votre question du forum, cela n'est pas parceque je vous ignore,
c'est simplement que je n'ai pas reçu de notification.
:evil:
tdjohns2
male
Stamboom bekijken
Thank you all for your abundant information. I am going to look into the Marseilles reference for her birthplace and see if I can find anything there.
Tim
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Family History Searches”