Mental Institutions in XIX Century, Martinique.

If you need help with your family history research then post your question here.
johnabreu
male
Invulmodus : grafisch
Stamboomnavigatie : grafisch
Stamboom bekijken
Does anybody know whether there are records of Mental Institutions in the 1800’s, in the island of Martinique?
Imagine that, after 1865, a woman former slave, who was a homeowner in Fort de France, completely disappear from the Civil Records. I have been searching in vain.
Now, I am giving some validity to the conjecture that She was secluded in a Mental Institution. I know it sounds crazy, but when it comes to Genealogy, all possibilities must be investigated.
Thank you,
John

Quelqu'un sait-il s’il existe des registres d’institutions mentales dans les années 1800, dans l’île de Martinique?
Imaginez qu'après 1865, une ancienne esclave, propriétaire d'une maison à Fort de France, disparaisse complètement des registres d'état civil. J'ai cherché en vain.
Maintenant, je donne une certaine validité à la conjecture qu'elle a été isolée dans un établissement psychiatrique. Je sais que cela semble fou, mais quand il s'agit de généalogie, toutes les possibilités doivent être étudiées.
Merci.

Terug naar “Family History Searches”