Plaats reactie

Kempf & Mann families of Haut Rhin, Alsace, France

kempfmann
male
Invulmodus : tekstueel
Stamboomnavigatie : tekstueel
Stamboom bekijken
I am looking for the ancestors of Sebastian Mann. Here is what I know. He was a Catholic from Haut Rhin, Alsace, France and was born about 1800. He had two boys that came to America, Bart about 1855 and Sebastian about 1859.

Sebastian Mann b. abt. 1800 Haut Rhin, Alsace, France
m. Unknown
Bartholomew Mann b. abt. 1830 Haut Rhin, Alsace, France d. abt. 1880 Kansas, USA
m. Josephine b. 1837 Haut Rhin, Alsace, France
Anthony Mann b. 1860 Kansas City, Kansas, USA
Shorter Mann b. 1862 Kansas City, Kansas, USA
Sebastian Mann b. 1834 Haut Rhin, Alsace, France d. 1911 Leavenworth, Kansas, USA
m. Mary Jane Kempf b. 29 Sep 1841 Haut Rhin, Alsace, France d. 1904 Missouri, USA
They had 11 children all born in Kansas, USA

I am also looking for the parents of Leonhard Kempf. Here is what I know of him. The family was Catholic and ran a boarding house when they came to America. They were also good with building and metal work.
Leonhard Kempf b. abt. 1800 Haut Rhin, Alsace, France d. 1859 Boonville, Missouri, USA
m. Kathrina Gsell b. 1803, d. 1888 She was married about 1830 in Haut Rhin, Alsace, France
Agnes Margaret Kempf b. 23 Jan 1831 Haut Rhin, Alsace, France
Katherina Kempf b. 1833 Haut Rhin, Alsace, France
Christine Kempf b. 1837 Haut Rhin, Alsace, France
Mary Jane Kempf b. 29 Sep 1841 Haut Rhin, Alsace, France
Leonhard Kempf b. May 1848 Haut Rhin, Alsace, France

afifieldbaeyens
female
Invulmodus : grafisch
Stamboomnavigatie : grafisch
Stamboom bekijken
Hi there! Not sure I can be of great help, but one of my ancestors is Marie-Anne Kempf, no date or place of birth, but most probably around Werentzhausen in the Alsace, early 1800s. She married Francois Joseph Sebastien Brunner, who was born in Werentzhausen on 1 Jan 1809.
Do you have any idea where in Alsace your Kempf line came from?
I have discovered that surnames come back quite a bit in that area, and your line may only be very far removed from mine. Unfortunately this is also where I have got stuck!
My uncle tried to research into the Brunner family quite a while ago and got stuck when he was told that a lot of the archives (birth registers, church registers etc) would have been moved to Strassbourg but subsequently were burned during either WW1 or WW2.
I will try and find out more and if I do I will let you know.
Greetings,
Anne
kempfmann
male
Invulmodus : tekstueel
Stamboomnavigatie : tekstueel
Stamboom bekijken
I show a Marie Anne Kemp born 15 Dec 1811 at Meyerheim, Haut-Rhin, Alsace, France. I don't know who she married. She is a daughter of Antoine Marie Kempf and Martha Karrer.

I also show a Anna Maria Kempf born 4 Jul 1836 at Niederentzen, Haut-Rhin Alsace, France. She married S. Merstetter and was a daughter of Leonard Kempf and Catharina Gsell.

That is all I know of at this time. I hope this helps. If not I will let you know if I learn more.

Michael Lewis
afifieldbaeyens
female
Invulmodus : grafisch
Stamboomnavigatie : grafisch
Stamboom bekijken
Thank you for this!
You spell the first name "Kemp". Is it indeed that or is this a typo? Even if it is Kemp, this could be her, or related - as I said surnames keep returning within families... The date of birth is close enough to that of my Brunner ancestor. Meyenheim is a reasonable distance away from Werentzhausen, though...
As is Niederentzen. And this lady is possibly too young, 27 years his minor.
As I said, if I find out more, I will let you know.
Thanks again,
Anne Fifield
eloisefifield
female
kempfmann schreef: 16 november 2008, 15:57 I show a Marie Anne Kemp born 15 Dec 1811 at Meyerheim, Haut-Rhin, Alsace, France. I don't know who she married. She is a daughter of Antoine Marie Kempf and Martha Karrer.

I also show a Anna Maria Kempf born 4 Jul 1836 at Niederentzen, Haut-Rhin Alsace, France. She married S. Merstetter and was a daughter of Leonard Kempf and Catharina Gsell.

That is all I know of at this time. I hope this helps. If not I will let you know if I learn more.

Michael Lewis
Hi there, the lady that was replying to you before about Marie Anne Kempf (account afifieldbaeyens) was my mother. She has since passed away and I have been looking into her side of the family. Long story short, I can't get into her account to see if she had any more information other than what is public, so I wonder if you were able to find any further information - have you found any links to the Kemps and the Brunners anywhere? Your reply would be appreciated because the information she's left is quite a puzzle! Thanks in advance, Eloise
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “France”