Plaats reactie

Etienne Bosquet

tedhill37
male

Etienne Bosquet

Bericht door tedhill37 »

Looking for an Etienne Bosquet who was Inspector of Manufacturers at Caen in 1696.

Had three brothers Jean, Abraham and David and possibly a sister Marguerite.

Would love to find their parents, possibly in Manche

Edward Hill
marielefebvre
female
Invulmodus : grafisch
Stamboomnavigatie : grafisch
Stamboom bekijken
Do you have any other information? and on which document you found he was an "inspectors of manufactures"?
tedhill37
male
Thank you for your inquiry.

The first official appearance I have found of Etienne Bosquet is in 1696.
He appeared in Armorial Generale de France in 1696 as Inspector of manufactures of quality in Caen.
Galland's book of 1898 p295 refers to Etienne Bosquet factory inspector listing a roll of protestant workers in Basse-Normandie
Galland's book of 1912 p100 mentioned that Etienne Bosquet in 1700 factory inspector wrote to Minister Chamillard about the activities of the Huguenots.
The Archives Dept of Manche provided me with details of Etienne Bosquet Seigneur of Noyers appearing in Feb 28th 1706 in the Vicompte Court regarding the settlement of the inheritances of Jean Saint.

I have found references to an Etienne Bosquet marrying a Suzanne Lefrancois but unable to find confirmation.

I would be very pleased to find anything more about Estienne, as I am a direct descendant of his brother David Bosquet who died in London in 1697.

Regards

Edward Hill
ericdubois
male
Volunteer moderator
Stamboomnavigatie : tekstueel
Stamboom bekijken
As a reminder, Etienne is translated Stephanus in Latin, which is sometimes translated back to Stéphane in French. You may want to expand your search accordingly.
mya6855
female
My English is not very good, sorry.

There is an error in the name. It is not "Etienne BOSQUET" but "Etienne BOCQUET".

I found that he wrote to the ministre Chamillard in May 1700.
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k658029/f105.item.r=%22etienne%20bocquet%22

You will find a few informations about him on the net.

He was Seigneur de Hautbosc.
married with Marie-Anne Deschamps or Des Champs.
Inspecteur des manufactures in Caen from 1692 or 1698 to 1728.
He died probably in 1728. He son Guillaume Jean Etienne BOCQUET was inspecteur des manufactures from 1728 to 1763.

Mya
tedhill37
male
Dear Mya,

Thank you for your answer. There are either 2 people in one confused.

I have an entry from the Armorial general de France of 1696 which reads -
Etienne Bosquet Inspecteur des Manufacturers dans la qualite de Caen.
Etienne appears again in Galland 1912 regarding the Vicompte Court in 1705/6 about the Will of Jean Saint, and referred to as Sieur de Noyers.

Regards

Edward Hill
saintm
male
Stamboomnavigatie : grafisch
Stamboom bekijken

Re: Etienne Bosquet

Bericht door saintm »

Hi Edward
Jean Saint is my 7th Great Grandfather. I would be interested if you had any information on him or the will you mentioned

Regards
Mark Saint
tedhill37
male

Re: Etienne Bosquet

Bericht door tedhill37 »

Dear Mark,

Unfortunately I do not have anything more on the will but a bit more on the dispute about the settling of the will. In French of course.
I assume your 4th? Great grandfather would have been either Louis or Pierre the sons of Jean Saint and Elisabeth Bosquet?
If you are alright with the French I could send you copies of the records of the dispute.
Do you have much on your family back to Normandy?
My email address is [email protected] if you want me to send you any info..

Regards

Ted Hill
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “France”