Plaats reactie

MEYER FAMILY OF ALSACE AND LORRAINE 1700'S

315lucas
315lucas
Invulmodus : grafisch
Stamboomnavigatie : grafisch
Stamboom bekijken
Yes that is the same family. The differences in ages stated on the Censuses through the years has made this whole search complicated. I also noted that there is a mention of a, “Walburger Myers” who is the same age as Paulina in other censuses. This person is also mentioned in Bangrats Myer’s Will in 1858. One could assume Walburger is also Paulina. Perhaps her legal name.
bretoncreole
male
Invulmodus : tekstueel
Stamboomnavigatie : tekstueel
Stamboom bekijken
Laatst gewijzigd door bretoncreole op 11 juni 2021, 21:22, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
bretoncreole
male
Stamboom bekijken
Laatst gewijzigd door bretoncreole op 12 juni 2021, 01:30, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
315lucas
315lucas
Stamboom bekijken
I am not sure if they were married when he arrived in the country. I also searched the database here for a Walbourge Meyer and haven't had any slam dunk hits.
Bijlagen
Last Will and Testament-1858 (1).jpg
Last Will and Testament-1858 (2).jpg
bretoncreole
male
Stamboom bekijken
Laatst gewijzigd door bretoncreole op 11 juni 2021, 21:22, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
bretoncreole
male
Stamboom bekijken
Laatst gewijzigd door bretoncreole op 11 juni 2021, 21:21, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
315lucas
315lucas
Stamboom bekijken
The document posted was his Last Will and Testament. He mentions leaving all his personal belongings to his Beloved (wife) Walburger. $100 to his daughter Mary and the farm to John Myers (his son). In America the term infant in legal terms does not mean a baby but someone who is not yet of legal age. This has been a 20 mystery for me. I’d love to have it solved one day.
bretoncreole
male
Stamboom bekijken
Laatst gewijzigd door bretoncreole op 11 juni 2021, 21:21, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
315lucas
315lucas
Stamboom bekijken
I’ve also had that document for quite some time. “Havlinographi” is Havre de Grace, Le Havre. As evidenced by his mark he couldn’t read or write, so he couldn’t communicate effectively with the Courts to tell them exactly where he was from. I’ve always believed they put down “Germany” as his place of origin because he spoke a German dialect. As we know German is spoken in countries in Europe outside of Germany. And even if he was from Germany I’d still like to know his town of origin, so I could research the family even further.
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “France”