Plaats reactie

private mode not working

Ask for help on any topic related to the Geneanet website. Report a bug. Make a suggestion.
fabienegot
fabienegot
Invulmodus : grafisch
Stamboomnavigatie : grafisch
Stamboom bekijken
I have applied privacy to a part of my ancestors and they still show up on my ancestry chart when I'm logged out.
I'm concerned about my private life and the reliability of your platform.
zanzigirl
zanzigirl
Volunteer moderator
Hello,

Your tree is set on public mode, go to the following page to change the setting:

https://my.geneanet.org/arbre/acces/

Best,
Claudine
Modératrice bénévole sans lien de subordination avec Geneanet / Volunteer moderator with no subordination to Geneanet.
fabienegot
fabienegot
Invulmodus : grafisch
Stamboomnavigatie : grafisch
Stamboom bekijken
Thank you.

1) I don't see the point of listing an individual as "private" if it still shows up somewhere else publicly. It doesn't make sense. Your solution is working but it's just a complete overwrite of the entire tree. Initially, I wanted to hide a part of my tree, the one I'm not certain about.

2) Now that my tree is set to private, the names of the people I wanted to hide initially are still appearing on the "Most Popular Names" cloud widget, on the sidebar of my profile page.
zanzigirl
zanzigirl
Volunteer moderator
You can't hide a whole branch, only living individuals.

As for the "Most popular names" cloud widget, I can't tell you when it will be updated, maybe another moderator knows...

Claudine
Modératrice bénévole sans lien de subordination avec Geneanet / Volunteer moderator with no subordination to Geneanet.
zanzigirl
zanzigirl
Volunteer moderator
You can edit the tag cloud of most popular names on this page:

https://en.geneanet.org/mon_compte/profilegen.php?view=tags

Claudine
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Geneanet Help & Support”