Plaats reactie

Haplogroups

Discussions regarding DNA & Genetic Genealogy.
rubinbl
male

Haplogroups

Bericht door rubinbl »

Geneanet apparently determined my Haplogroup as Q-MPB074 but two DNA testing sites have shown me to be in the R-M198 Haplogroup. Why the VERY significant discrepancy?
jonathadn
jonathadn

Re: Haplogroups

Bericht door jonathadn »

Dear rubinbl,

I had a look at your data and the Y haplogroup that we found is R1a1a1b1a2b3a (mutations CTS3402, S3361, V2670) which is coherent with the results of the other DNA testing sites BUT when this haplogroup was converted to its short name using the Yfull database you can see that it corresponds to two haplogroups Q-MPB074 and R-CTS3402. In the Yfull database version that we use, we only had the Q-MPB074 information. I will change your haplogroup to R-CTS3402 if it's ok with you.

Best,
Bijlagen
Capture d’écran du 2021-03-04 10-00-19.png
Cordialement,

Jonathan

Correspondances ADN
Geneanet
rubinbl
male

Bericht door rubinbl »

Jordan,

While the result of one of my DNA tests only went as far as haplogroup R-M198/R-M512, the other went one step past haplogroup R-CTS3402 to R-YP314. Please change my haplogroup to R-CTS3402.

Brian
jonathadn schreef: 04 maart 2021, 10:15 Dear rubinbl,

I had a look at your data and the Y haplogroup that we found is R1a1a1b1a2b3a (mutations CTS3402, S3361, V2670) which is coherent with the results of the other DNA testing sites BUT when this haplogroup was converted to its short name using the Yfull database you can see that it corresponds to two haplogroups Q-MPB074 and R-CTS3402. In the Yfull database version that we use, we only had the Q-MPB074 information. I will change your haplogroup to R-CTS3402 if it's ok with you.

Best,
cmary12
cmary12

Bericht door cmary12 »

Hi, I'm on Ancestry, 23&Me, FTDNA, My Heritage, yourdnaportal, GEDmatch and Genea. I've submitted 2 different tests, to Genea, and have 2 different haplogroups.

One company has me with a Q-M242/M346 and FTDNA Y-37 test has my haplogroup as a Q-Y16739 from MEH2-M346. I have also been Q1a3.

Geneanet has me at R1a1 and Q-L56. If it looks confusing, it is. I belong to the Q-M242 group on FTDNA for research and have ZERO matches.

Can you please explain to me how I ended up with the R1a1 and Q-L56. My ethnicity is Italian, Iberian and Native American. The Q-Y16739 is from Eastern Sweden. The M242-M346 covers most Native American. Hopefully, you can help. My Son's Haplogroup is Q-L205.2 and he is my son with 3482cM and every chromosome. Thanks, Eddie C. I don't know if this runs in the Forums or on PM. Please advise, Thanks.
jonathadn
jonathadn

Bericht door jonathadn »

cmary12 schreef: 07 maart 2021, 22:04 Hi, I'm on Ancestry, 23&Me, FTDNA, My Heritage, yourdnaportal, GEDmatch and Genea. I've submitted 2 different tests, to Genea, and have 2 different haplogroups.

One company has me with a Q-M242/M346 and FTDNA Y-37 test has my haplogroup as a Q-Y16739 from MEH2-M346. I have also been Q1a3.

Geneanet has me at R1a1 and Q-L56. If it looks confusing, it is. I belong to the Q-M242 group on FTDNA for research and have ZERO matches.

Can you please explain to me how I ended up with the R1a1 and Q-L56. My ethnicity is Italian, Iberian and Native American. The Q-Y16739 is from Eastern Sweden. The M242-M346 covers most Native American. Hopefully, you can help. My Son's Haplogroup is Q-L205.2 and he is my son with 3482cM and every chromosome. Thanks, Eddie C. I don't know if this runs in the Forums or on PM. Please advise, Thanks.
Dear cmary12,

the files giving you two different haplotypes came from two different companies (Ancestry and 23andMe) and were created at different times hence the discrepencies. In your Ancestry file, Q-L56 was a predicted haplogroup but R1a1 had more evidence (less missing SNPs along the series). In your 23andMe file (that contains more data), Q-L56 is the only predicted haplogroup. Our haplogroup predictor is quite stringent and does not allow many missing SNPs (an haplogroup is a series of mutations) which can sometimes lead to wrong results... More recent files will give better results :)
Cordialement,

Jonathan

Correspondances ADN
Geneanet
cmary12
cmary12

Bericht door cmary12 »

Thank you, Jonathadn. Yes, updated versions are far better but I manage 9 kits and the cost would be overwhelming. Some companies just have it wrong...wrong everything like on My heritage. Today they updated my bio daughter and did not give her even 1% Italian? Every other company does, up to 20% or roughly half of my 48% as on Ancestry and 23&Me. I keep waiting for the Euro information to validate my American results and that also doesn't look promising. My Mom's haplogroup also changed and I will start looking at that, soon. So, no more Haplogroup delving for me, for now. Thanks for your prompt reply. Eddie and Mary.
robjaco
male

Bericht door robjaco »

Just a reminder - haplogroups have absolutely nothing to do with your ethnicities. Ethnicities are averages of ALL your ancestors, haplogroups come from a single lineage. If you were to go back about 20 generations, you could find about a million ancestors, but only one of those would be your direct paternal line ancestor that produced your Y-DNA haplogroup, and only one woman who would be responsible for your mtDNA haplogroup. At 20 generations back, their ethnicity would be completely undetectable, apart from that haplogroup.

Now it's true that statistically, a haplogroup might be expected to be consistent with your one of your larger ethnicity percentages. For example, if you are 50% Irish, there's a 50/50 chance you would have a haplogroup common to the Irish, but that means there's also a 50/50 chance it will be anything but Irish. If a long time ago, a Viking ship brought back an Egyptian girl to Ireland, and she became a direct maternal line ancestor, then you would be strongly Irish but have an Egyptian mtDNA haplogroup, and probably have no way to explain it!
cmary12
cmary12

Bericht door cmary12 »

I'm Italian/Iberian/Native American, that Haplogroup is between 800-1400 years old and is from Sweden. I have, occasionally, a 1% Finland but do have lots of 4-8th Swedish matches. Nothing really over 40cM. I'm thinking Ragnar visited England and the English or the Vikings visited Spain and they were definitely there, in Italy, during the Crusades. Lots of blondes in Italy and Northern Spain. Last possibility is the Vikings in North America. They had settlements but not sure how long those lasted.

Thank you Mr. Jacobson. Also, my Mother's haplogroup changed but it's still an "L." I'll work with that. Bye, Eddie and Mary.
jaiusa
female
Invulmodus : grafisch
Stamboomnavigatie : grafisch
Stamboom bekijken

Bericht door jaiusa »

rubinbl, my brother just received his results and is also R-M198, part of R1a1a. Someone said he is also R1a Z282>Z280> CTS3402>Y2613. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head understanding that. Our paternal line is primarily NW Europe I guess in modern DNA. What's so interesting is that the maternal side is Eastern European and in the same area they are from (rust color arrow) per this map https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:R1a_origins_(Underhill_2010)_and_R1a1a_oldest_expansion_and_highest_frequency_(2014).jpg

We are also on other sites, would like to compare stats with you...
spielmanjr
spielmanjr
Stamboom bekijken

Bericht door spielmanjr »

New to this. How do I find out my haplogroup?
robjaco
male

Bericht door robjaco »

For a mitochondrial (mtDNA) haplogroup, the best is the Full Sequence mtDNA test at FamilyTree DNA (currently $139US during sales). You can also get an mtDNA haplogroup from the Living DNA and 23&Me tests, but they only check a selected group of mutations, enough to give you a basic haplogroup, but not enough to provide the most detailed haplogroup plus your extra mutations.

For a Y-DNA haplogroup, probably the best is the Big Y-700 test at FamilyTree DNA, provides very good detail plus the largest Y-DNA database and haplogroup tree, and includes extensive STR testing to identify more recent matches. But again, you can get a basic Y-DNA haplogroup from the Living DNA and 23&Me tests. You can also obtain a 'predicted' haplogroup from various Y-DNA haplogroup predictors, such as the Nevgen one, and I believe Geneanet is attempting something like that too from your uploaded DNA samples, if there is Y-DNA SNP info available.
fmengo29
fmengo29
Stamboom bekijken

Mitochondrial haplogroup

Bericht door fmengo29 »

Hello, can somebody help me to assign my maternal mitochondrial group? The system assigned my paternal R-DF88 but not my maternal which is C-1.

Thanks.
jyb
jyb
Administrator
Stamboomnavigatie : tekstueel
Stamboom bekijken

Bericht door jyb »

Dear Sir,

Geneanet provides, if your DNA data allows it, the paternal haplogroup (only for males) and the maternal haplogroup.

This concerns DNA data from 23andMe (paternal and maternal haplogroups), and latest files from Ancestry and MyHeritage (paternal haplogroup only).
Best wishes,

Jean-Yves BAXTER
GeneaNet

Please read our help pages and tips to improve your genealogy research and to grow your family tree:

- https://en.geneanet.org/help/
- https://en.geneanet.org/genealogyblog/category/geneanet_tips
lmulard
male

Bericht door lmulard »

Bonjour , j ai fais un test mon haplogroupe paternel est JL70 et mon haplegroup maternel est R0 . Est ce que geneanet me donnera une sous clade plus precise? merci bonweek end
jyb
jyb
Administrator
Stamboomnavigatie : tekstueel
Stamboom bekijken

Bericht door jyb »

Merci de bien vouloir poser votre question sur le forum français: https://www.geneanet.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=77580
Best wishes,

Jean-Yves BAXTER
GeneaNet

Please read our help pages and tips to improve your genealogy research and to grow your family tree:

- https://en.geneanet.org/help/
- https://en.geneanet.org/genealogyblog/category/geneanet_tips
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “DNA - Genetic Genealogy”